COMMUNITY AND GOVERNMENT-LED SUSTAINABLE AND EQUITABLE ACCESS TO WASH INITIATIVES
*Implementation to be completed by December 2021, with project closure to be done by March 2022.
**From January to September 2020.
– Installed 140 new community waterpoints covering 140 wards.
– Installed child-friendly WASH facilities in 11 schools, benefitting more than 3,600 students and staff.
– Conducted 114 training sessions for capacity building of the Meena Manch and WATSAN committees to promote the adoption of hygiene behaviours.
– Presented 120 street play shows in the project areas to inspire uptake of targeted behaviours.
– As part of a storytelling pilot, trained field facilitators in audio-visual recording, selected 11 local rural artists, gathered 16 distinct traditional oral narratives through interviews and completed a co-creation production workshop for the
– Organized 12 workshops to help more than 700 farmers adopt best agriculture practices in cereal and vegetable crop production.
– As part of the pandemic response, measures were taken to ensure physical distancing at project waterpoints.
Water For People
METRO AG and Water For People
Ministry of Jal Shakti, Public Health Engineering Department, Department of Rural Development and Jeevika
Akshara Fine Arts Society