– Amid the pandemic and the destruction left behind by hurricanes Eta and Iota, the project moved forward while working closely with communities.
– In 2020, finalized six gravity-fed mini-aqueducts that benefit nine communities and began construction of others; built WASH facilities in five health care facilities and 13 schools, as well as 90 family rainwater harvesting systems and 200 sanitation family units.
– In 2020, built demonstration units in five communities, reinforcing the capabilities of local service providers and promoting the demand for sanitation units among community members.
– More than 12,900 people have participated in SABC interventions since the beginning of the project.
– As part of the COVID-19 response, adapted SABC interventions to ensure physical distancing, collaborated with Leaders of Change in communities to define preventative measures, supplied face masks, alcohol, thermometers and protective eyewear, and installed portable handwashing stations.
One Drop Foundation, Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), The Coca-Cola Foundation and FEMSA Foundation
Mujeres Creativas Lapta Yula, Teatro Marionetas Traca Traca, Grupo de Teatro El Bosque, Fundación de Apoyo al Arte Creador Infantil – Funarte, Andres Cox, Paulino Frens and Cristopher Mendoza Girón