A LAZOS DE AGUA PROJECT
– Benefitted more than 7,000 people, many of whom are women and heads of household, from the completed construction of three new water systems and several express lines.
– More than 10,300 participants, more people than expected, took part in SABC interventions this year.
– Began hygiene kit delivery to 4,500 households in December 2020, an initiative that combined interventions from the A, B, and C components of our model.
– In response to COVID-19, supported the functioning of four water systems, ensuring safe water for more than 1,900 people.
– Broadcast of information on handwashing through a daily local radio spot, reaching more than 10,000 people in Tumaco according to the radio station.
– Supported micro-enterprises to increase production of soap and cleaning products and find alternative distribution channels.
Fundación PLAN (Plan International)
One Drop Foundation, Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), The Coca-Cola Foundation and FEMSA Foundation
Municipality of Tumaco and Aguas de Tumaco
Maestros del Entretenimiento, Asociación Agencia de Comunicaciones del Pacífico – ACOP, Corporación Escénica La Guagua and Calipso
Read a story from this project
THE STORY OF MARLENE AND COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP
The following story is about WOMEN’S LEADERSHIP, of how a woman entrepreneur seized the opportunity to create sustainable change and motivate other women in her community to take initiative.