SUPPORTING ACCESS TO WASH IN HEALTH CARE FACILITIES, SCHOOLS AND COMMUNITIES
*In 2020, re-allocation of resources allowed us to reach 40,000 people directly for emergency COVID response.
– Conducted the baseline study of WASH in health care facilities in collaboration with CDC and representatives from the Ministère de la Santé du Mali.
– With full respect of sanitary restrictions and measures, carried out a participative workshop with key stakeholders from the region to develop a project implementation plan and elaborate an SABC strategy to address target healthy behaviours.
– Reached 40,000 people through COVID response plan through community radio and social media.
– As part of the COVID-19 response, provided 70 HCF with hygiene kits and trained health care workers on pandemic prevention.
– Undertook a campaign on COVID-19 through public information sessions, awareness posters, radio stories, sketches and the organization of interactive radio debates between health specialists and populations.
– Signed partnership protocols with the local management committees of targeted HCF to specify mutual commitment to the maintenance and replacement of consumables and equipment.
WaterAid America, WaterAid Mali and Centre Culturel Kôrè
Conrad N. Hilton Foundation and WaterAid Federation
Ministère de la Santé du Mali
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO)
Centre Culturel Kôrè